Relax to the max at Xel-Há – one of the best eco-parks located on the Riviera Maya. At Xel-Há it is all about enjoying everything the natural world has to offer – from the sea to the shore. This is for people who like their adventure with a chilled out twist, as you explore cliff tops and underwater caves galore. It is just up to you to discover what is in store…
The ancient Mayas named this magical site Xel-Há, which means “where the water is born”. This is an apt name for this natural aquatic park, which is one of the largest in the world. It is so big, you even get your own guide to give you a quick run-down of everything Xel-Há has to offer!
Take it easy
There is lots to do, but you have the luxury of taking things at your own pace.
Swim peacefully to your own inlet corner and snorkel amongst the colorful fish or take a slip and slide down the river. If you are more of a landlubber, that is okay. Why not explore the ample forest along jungle paths or take a bike-ride through the bush? Or even ride above the canopy on Xel-Há’s Zip-Bike experience!
Lunch… and then onto the next adventure!
All that adventuring is hungry work, so make sure you take advantage of the continental breakfast and the lunch buffet – with Mexican and international flavors abound. There are snacks to munch on during the day and a thirst-quenching open bar too.
In-between meals make sure you take in all the beautiful spots this place has to offer – from the wildlife corners to the chilled out coves. Surround yourself in nature’s gifts and explore all that this amazing eco-park has to offer. From hammocks by the sea or river, to dipping in cool water coming from the underground rivers or discover that a true cenote looks like.
After spending the day swimming, trekking, and exploring it is time to end your Riviera Maya experience. Gather at the meeting point and hop onto the bus where you can reminisce on the heavenly Xel-Há fun all the way back home.
Location(s): Riviera Maya
Season: All Year
Duration: 9 hours
Includes Transport: Yes
Good physical condition required: No
Suitable for the elderly: Yes
Pregnant women allowed: Yes
Just pay the entrance fee and make your own way there; simply select Xel- Ha Entrance instead of your hotel under the calendar options.
- Round-trip tranportation.
- Use of snorkeling equipment (requires a refundable deposit of $ 20 USD).
- Lockers, dressing rooms, showers and towel.
- Life jackets, inner tubes and bicycles.
- Lounge chairs, hammocks and rest areas.
- Aquatic activities in the river and inlet.
- Sightseeing in gardens and jungle trails.
- Visits to attractions such as apiary, nursery.
- Unlimited drinks and open bar.
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks buffet style (international and national cuisine).
- Bring biodegradable sunscreen and insect repellent
- Bring sunglasses, a camera (preferably water resistant), and some extra money for souvenirs and the deposit for the snorkeling gear
- Wear your bathing suit
- Infants from 0 to 4 years of age must ride in their parent’s legs or pay a recovery rate to ensure a seat
- Due to Xel-Ha’s natural park status, no refunds are given in case of bad weather conditions
- Some activities at the park may incur additional costs